Boston Public Schools (BPS) is launching the Opportunity Portfolio as a key strategy for identifying and increasing equitable access to quality learning opportunities. The Opportunity Portfolio will use a comprehensive vetting and assessment process to identify exceptional School-Community Partners called Portfolio Partners that provide quality learning opportunities called Portfolio Programs. BPS will provide Portfolio Partners with a variety of supports intended to grow their Portfolio Programs.
Click here to see the list of current Portfolio Programs.
Click here to see the 2018 Opportunity Portfolio Catalog.
Click here to see the Opportunity Portfolio Catalog for Students and Families Experiencing Homelessness
Current Portfolio Opportunities
- 2018-19 School Year Opportunity Portfolio
- 2019 5th Quarter Portfolio
- Intent to Apply – Due November 2
HOW IT WORKS
- Invite to Apply: BPS identifies service categories that advance strategic priorities to close opportunity gaps. BPS then releases an Invitation to Apply to School-Community Partners. Interested School-Community Partners apply to The Portfolio.
- Vet and Assess: BPS completes a comprehensive vetting and assessment process for each applicant. This process uses a framework, which includes BPS Quality Standards for School-Community Partners.
- Select Portfolio: BPS selects exceptional School-Community Partners that provide learning opportunities that meet or exceed quality standards into The Portfolio. Applicants that do not meet quality standards are not selected into The Portfolio.
- Grow Portfolio: BPS provides Portfolio Partners with a variety of supports intended to increase access to their Portfolio Programs.
- Report Results: BPS collects and analyzes data from each Portfolio Partner to measure and publish impact reports for each Portfolio Program and the collective impact of The Portfolio.
WHY BECOME A PORTFOLIO PARTNER?
Portfolio Partners will receive a variety of supports intended to increase access to their Portfolio Programs. Portfolio Partners may receive the following supports:
- Eligibility for BPS district and school partnership funding
- Access to data that support programmatic outcomes
- Promotion of program to schools, students, and families
- Brokering of partnerships with schools
- Technical assistance and professional development
Please view the Opportunity Portfolio Frequently Asked Questions sheet here.
Please view the Elements of Effective Partnerships here.
Please submit all related questions via email to Renée Omolade at firstname.lastname@example.org