What is a School-Community Partner?
A BPS School-Community Partner is an organization, group or coalition that collaborates with the Boston Public Schools (BPS) to provide ongoing, direct services to students, school staff, families, and/or other members of the BPS school community. All School-Community Partners are required to register their organization, programs, and partnerships on PartnerBPS before beginning services in a Boston Public School.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is PartnerBPS? PartnerBPS.org is an online partnership platform for students, families, schools and school-community partners. It captures information about, raises awareness of, and increases access to opportunities available throughout the BPS School-Community Partnership landscape.
- What are the steps to completing the registration process for PartnerBPS?
- Register Your Organization or Create an Account Use the Partner Registration Form to Create an Account by selecting your organization’s name from the dropdown menu. If your organization is not already listed, choose “New Organization” and complete all required fields. You will be asked to verify your email. After doing so, you can log in and Add Programs.
- Add Your Programs After logging into your account, choose “Add Programs” from the Manage Programs Tab. Complete all fields about a program. Not all fields are required fields but the more information displayed, the more information that schools, students, and families will learn about your program.
- Add Your Partnerships Select “Add New Partnership” from the Manage Partnerships Menu. Complete all fields in that form about the way a program operates at a particular school including enrollment. Be sure to select the appropriate partnership year. Note: An organization can have a program with multiple partnerships. An organization can have multiple partnerships with a school if there is more than one program.
- How often do I need to update information in PartnerBPS? We recommend visiting PartnerBPS regularly to view partnerships and make sure your information is in order. You should confirm partnerships least two times per academic year. You should also make sure your contact information is up-to-date.
- When I update my PartnerBPS account, what, specifically, should I make sure to update? You should be sure to update program information for all fields that are visible in the Program Search such as grades served, cost, program type, service delivery method, and times offered. Also, you should make sure to answer any question about how students can get enrolled and contact information at the organization, program, and partnership level. You should also check your pending partnerships and approve all partnerships to ensure that your profile is an accurate reflection of the schools that you are currently working with.
- What if something is not working on the website? If there are issues with the site, contact BPS School-Community Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the help section of the site to complete the feedback form.