SY2018-19 Opportunity Portfolio
The Opportunity Portfolio is a key strategy for identifying and increasing equitable access to quality learning opportunities. It is the aim of the SY2018-19 Opportunity Portfolio to identify Portfolio Partners that provide programs in at least one of the following service categories:
- English Learners
- Students and Families Experiencing Homelessness
Please view descriptions of the Opportunity Portfolio 2018-19 service categories here.
Step One: Intent to Apply
To indicate your intent to apply the applicant must do the following by July 3, 2018:
- Complete the Intent to Apply form
- Complete PartnerBPS organization and program registration. If you’re not a registered organization, please register here.
Upon submission, BPS will review the applicant’s Intent to Apply to determine if the applicant meets the following minimum qualifications:
- Must provide programming in at least one of the following SY2018-19 Opportunity Portfolio service categories:
- English Learners: provides targeted programming or services for English Learners.
- Students and Families Experiencing Homelessness: provides targeted programming or services for students and families experiencing homelessness.
- Has delivered the program or service in the City of Boston, Boston Public Schools (BPS) and/or a similar urban setting for at least three years.
Applicants that meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to complete Step Two of the application process. Applicants that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be invited to complete Step Two. You will be notified of your Step One application status by July 17, 2018.
Step Two: Written Application
All applicants who met the minimum qualifications of Step One will be invited to complete Step Two of the application process which will require applicants to complete the following by August 15, 2018 :
- Complete written application on PartnerBPS.org.
- Complete Annual SY2018-19 PartnerBPS organization, programs, and partnership registration.
After applications are submitted on August 15, the application will go through a vetting and assessment process to determine if applicants are accepted into the Opportunity Portfolio. Applicants will be notified of their application status by September 18, 2018.
June 4: Release of Opportunity Portfolio application
June 20 & June 27: Information Sessions @ 2:00 PM, Bolling Building, 6th Floor
July 3: Deadline to complete Intent to Apply
July 17: Notification of application status and eligible applicants receive written application
July 20 & 25, August 9: Application Support Sessions, Bolling Building, 4-43
August 15: Deadline to complete written application
September 18: Opportunity Portfolio Programs selected and announced
Please submit all related questions via email to Renee Omolade at firstname.lastname@example.org